Sherwin Williams - Watery paint that doesn't cover

I recently painted my living room with Sherwilliams Superpaint.What a shock I always buy premium paint I think the extra cost is worth the time it saves you.

My wall was a pale yellow and I was replacing it with a taupe color. Well after cutting the baseboards I noticed that the yellow was showing through. I had to paint everything twice. My wife bought the paint so I thought she purchased the bottom line.

I instructed her to get the top of line. She came back with Sherwin Williams Emerald. This was just as poor as the superpaint poor coverage, thin, watery everything had to painted twice.

Took the two cans back and they would only give me one gallon of the Duration series I would have to pay for second gallon.I just took the one gallon.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Did not honor or support product

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Sherwin Williams Superpaint
Review category
Building Products
review #700583 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Sherwin Williams? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Nov 01, 2015 #1056944

Used 70 gallons of eggshell promar200, whole interior new home. Coverage was horrible. Roller marks showing everywhere. I've been doing this for 10 years. Usually use behr and never have had an issue. Sherwin Williams rep trying to blame primer, roller pad, application, everything except what the real problem was (paint). Bad lot or bad products across the board.

0 0 Reply

Sep 17, 2015 #1034781

It's completely normal to do two coats of paint for proper coverage. If you are changing colours it's a good idea to prime over the old paint first.

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Sherwin Williams. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Sherwin Williams.
Filing a new complaint about