1608 S Broadway, St. Louis, MO 63104, USA

I went to a Sherwin-Williams paint store (located: ST LOU - CBD #3052, 1608 S. BROADWAY, ST LOUIS, MO, 63104-3806 (314) 621-8965) on Saturday 06/23/2018 @ approximately 11a.m.

I had a very small paint job and this store was located close to my new loft in the downtown area. Upon confirming to the one associate present (a short young white man) in the store that I only needed to paint one accent wall approximately 8ft by 8ft; he priced the gallon of paint at $45. I reiterated that it wasn't a large space (again only 8'x8'); and asked if he thought a quart would be more sufficient for the small project? After confirming that the wall was currently a light (tan) color and I was looking to paint it a dark grey (charcoal), he stated that I NEEDED to purchase at least 2 (two) gallons of paint to ensure the "light color" would be completely covered.

This advice seemed rather odd. When I asked if there was another paint store within the area he said he didn't think there was and if so they'd be closed now. This seemed fishy to me as well so I declined and purchased the paint elsewhere (a PPG store located within 2 minutes walking distance according to Maps - at the end of the block). After receiving advice from a sincerely helpful person at PPG, it saddens me that Sherwin Williams employs such a dishonest person and I will never patron this business again.

I will also steer all family, friends, colleagues and business contacts toward a more trust-worthy competitor.

Shame! (note: I purchased a gallon for almost half the price and only used approximately 10% of the gallon)

Product or Service Mentioned: Sherwin Williams Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Employ honest people .

Comments