Mcclelland, Iowa

Summer 2015 we spent hundreds of dollars on Sherwin Williams deck stain. Within 2-3 months the stain was peeling in long strips.

I complained to the local office and they said "we will make it right". What they mean is that WE would have to scrape and restrain the 1000 sq ft deck. We hired an attorney and SW wants three estimates. We have asked numerous businesses to please come give us an estimate and no one ever shows.

Today (6/6/2016) I said "screw it" and power washed it myself. IT DOESN'T COME OFF WITH A POWERWASHER! If the boards are wet and I scrape with my nails it comes off. After nearly 40 minutes of working and making zero progress I quit.

In the mean time all the stringy things of stain that do come up end up in our pool. I want SW to find contractors to strip, treat, re-stain and do whatever needs to be done to make my deck look as awesome as it did the week I stained it.

I swear by SW interior paint but have nothing good to say about their exterior products. I want them to make it right NOW!

Product or Service Mentioned: Sherwin Williams Deckscapes Deck Paint.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments