Houston, Texas
2.4

On November 21, 2018 I went to the Humble store (7319). Explained to the sales representative my proposed outdoor home project and my limited experience and product knowledge.

I then requested his expertise on which products should be used for the project, which was to refinished the front door to my home. I was sold a product used for "Interior Use Only" and a sealer with very limited U V life exposure. After further review on the computer I discovered there are exterior stains and long life sealers on the market.

Conclusion: Always do your own product and application research. Very suprised and disappointed that Sherwin-Williams would mislead their Customers!

Product or Service Mentioned: Sherwin Williams Sales Representative.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Sherwin Williams Cons: Misinformed by sales staff.

Comments

SW store managers are not trained in paint and/or painting techniques. They are hired because they have either an MBA or a marketing degree.

They have almost no product knowledge and are not trained by the company to have product knowledge. SW's only concern is hiring people that can run the business or market the company.

This is why you never see any "older" employees that might have good hands-on product knowledge. They tend to be more expensive to hire than the kids straight out of college.

Sherwin Williams Reviews