I bought several gallons of Sherwin Williams most expensive and supposidly best paint (over $60 a gallon). It was called "Emerald" and have had the worst experience I have ever had with paint. I had to put on three coats to get it to an acceptable sheen. This paint does not dry with a consistent sheen, it leaves obvious roller marks. They said it was because it was a dark color (dark green, retreat), but I've used other dark colors of far cheaper paint and did not have any problems.
While they where a little helpful, they said it was my roller and gave me a new roller cover. I used it and put it on heavier and with the 3rd coat it was better. I still had another wall and not enough paint for a 3rd coat and I asked for another quart to try to make it right. They agreed but said "this is the last thing they can do, this has to end somewhere"
It has ended, I just won't buy Sherwin Williams products again. Consumer Reports rates thier paint (Duration $60/gal) near the bottom of the list and Behr's Ultra plus ($33/gal) as the 2nd best satin interior paint. I should thank them, since they probably saved me a lot of money as I am repainting most of the rooms in my house this winter.
Good by Sherwin Williams.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "The Pulte home I purchased has serious water problems. Whenever it rains (or snows), the sump pump works continuously to pump water out of my basement. The volume..."
- "Our 4 year old Trex deck started flaking. Trex had been sued re this problem and settled. Because of the lawsuit they had to follow up on our claim. After..."
- "I special ordered Pella windows and sliding door over instock lower priced windows and sliding door thinking I was buying a very good quality window and door. WRONG!!! ..."
- "I'm still waiting to hear back from them about making a return. They first told me to send a picture. I followed all their rules and nobody will talk to..."
- "My hash browns were Cajun style . This was my second time here! Please have your cooks go to cooking school on food prep. ..."
- "Walmart # 01895 W Market st. Fairlawn Ohio. I checked out at register 16 on Monday, August 18th 2015 at 6:21 PM. I paid for ALL the items listed on..."
- "RUN RUN RUN 2 weeks turned to 6. and still not done they ordered the wrong tub and order the same $33 ceiling fan (a request was made to upgrade from the..."
- "I started with 30 boxes of the Tarkett coco berry flooring. I was to be covering approximately 500 square foot, upon opening I noticed a lot of..."
- "Omg old lettuce thankfully very little of it and no tortillas with my fajitas? Triangle town center in Raleigh is having some issues with online ordering and the app orders...."