Sherwin Williams - Bad Paint (Emerald)
I bought several gallons of Sherwin Williams most expensive and supposidly best paint (over $60 a gallon). It was called "Emerald" and have had the worst experience I have ever had with paint. I had to put on three coats to get it to an acceptable sheen. This paint does not dry with a consistent sheen, it leaves obvious roller marks. They said it was because it was a dark color (dark green, retreat), but I've used other dark colors of far cheaper paint and did not have any problems.
While they where a little helpful, they said it was my roller and gave me a new roller cover. I used it and put it on heavier and with the 3rd coat it was better. I still had another wall and not enough paint for a 3rd coat and I asked for another quart to try to make it right. They agreed but said "this is the last thing they can do, this has to end somewhere"
It has ended, I just won't buy Sherwin Williams products again. Consumer Reports rates thier paint (Duration $60/gal) near the bottom of the list and Behr's Ultra plus ($33/gal) as the 2nd best satin interior paint. I should thank them, since they probably saved me a lot of money as I am repainting most of the rooms in my house this winter.
Good by Sherwin Williams.c125c9f
You may also like
- "Our 4 year old Trex deck started flaking. Trex had been sued re this problem and settled. Because of the lawsuit they had to follow up on our claim. After..."
- "Steve Boriss, Owner of House Doctors 509 of West County Llc., is a fraud! He did not finish our deck and came to our home and harassed my 14 year..."
- "We purchased and paid over $15K for Kraftmaid kitchen cabinets. Long story short - it was over 18 months ago - we've had SEVEN!(7) replacement sets of doors and..."
- "I brought my Lil girls clothes that were needed to Orange Park Fl. I called before I went and asked what sizes they needed... mind u I made sure clothes..."
- "I bought a mom ring and gave it to her for mother's day. The ring changed from gold to gray in a month. My mom called ICE.com to..."
- "I have not been in my home for six months and everyday I notice things that are wrong with my home from squeaky floors to pushed nails, cracks in the..."
- "We purchased our Whirlpool Cabrio washer and dryer from Lowe's in 2011. (Whirlpool Cabrio Washer Model WTW7800XW2). Before our one year warranty expired, I noticed the lid was..."
- "Had rite rug of Dayton install new flooring. Employee burned grass with flooring, threw cig. butts all over driveway, spent 8 hrs. complaining about Mexican being Illegal and other Black..."
- "Beginning on Tuesday January 21, I contacted Ron Farrier through his Facebook page for his company, Elite Concrete Enhancement. We discussed and agreed on the work to be done,..."